Vocational Training Institute
Pakistan Embassy has launched a variety of projects for the welfare of our Afghan brethren in multidimensional spheres of life i.e. health, education, transport etc. One such project is the establishment of a Vocational Training Institute, wherein Afghan graduates (male and female) are adorned with modern techniques of the English language and Computer by professionally Pakistani teachers.
This institute has been functional since January 2011. Around 3000 students including Govt functionaries hailing from different ministries i.e. Labour Ministry, Health Ministry, have been imparted upon the best possible degree of training.
A brief run down of the activities of the institute is enumerated below:
- Both English language and Computer courses are spread over a span of three months, apiece.
- In the arena of English, special emphasis is laid upon the four basic skills i.e. Reading, Speaking, Listening, and Writing.
- In computer discipline, basic concepts of computer Hardware and Software, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access), Internet usage etc are taught.
- The timings of the institute are 9am until 1500 hours.
- Class duration is only one hour for each discipline apiece.
- There are separate classes for boys and girls.
- Candidate must be holding matric degree which is the minimum criteria.
- One fresh photograph.
- One photocopy Tazkira.
- An admission form filled by the candidate his/her self.